May 22 – May 24, 2009
2009 BELLEVUE JAZZ FESTIVAL PRESENTED BY FIRST TECH CREDIT UNION RELEASES TICKET PACKAGES, PRICING
Limited "ALL ACCESS" ticket package offers premium seating, best value for six featured artist performances
Tickets on sale March 5; student discounts available
Dianne Reeves Strings Attached, Mingus Big Band headline 2009 festival, plus top jazz stars Kurt Elling, Patricia Barber, Danilo Perez, Mose Allison Trio to perform May 22–24 at Meydenbauer Center in Downtown Bellevue
(BELLEVUE, WA) - The Bellevue Downtown Association today announced ticketing packages and individual ticket prices for the 2009 Bellevue Jazz Festival presented by First Tech Credit Union (May 22–24, 2009). Tickets will go on sale at 10 a.m., Thursday, March 5, 2009.
Festival packages and individual tickets will be sold online through Brown Paper Tickets at www.bellevuejazz.com or by phone at 1-800-838-3006. Individual tickets will range from $20 to $85, and student discounts will be available for all performances, courtesy of First Tech Credit Union.
- ALL ACCESS Package – $199 (save $110) – Premium seating to all six featured artist performances (including headliners Dianne Reeves Strings Attached and Mingus Big Band) and entry to the VIP Festival Party on Friday evening (5/22).
5/22: Kurt Elling (7 p.m., Theatre at Meydenbauer Center)
Dianne Reeves Strings Attached (9 p.m., Meydenbauer Center Hall)
5/23: Danilo Perez (2 p.m., Theatre at Meydenbauer Center)
Patricia Barber (7 p.m., Theatre at Meydenbauer Center)
Mingus Big Band (9 p.m., Meydenbauer Center Hall)
5/24: Mose Allison Trio (2 p.m., Theatre at Meydenbauer Center)
- FRIDAY PREMIERE Package – $99 (save $25) – Premium seating to kick-off the 2009 festival with performances by the two hottest vocalists in jazz: Kurt Elling (7 p.m.) at the Theatre at Meydenbauer Center, and headliner Dianne Reeves Strings Attached featuring guitar masters Russell Malone and Romero Lubambo (9 p.m.) in the Meydenbauer Center Hall.
- THEATRE PREFERRED Package – $99 (save $50) – Premium seating to all four featured artist performances at the Theatre at Meydenbauer Center: Kurt Elling (5/22 - 7 p.m.); Danilo Perez (5/23 - 2 p.m.) Patricia Barber (5/23 - 7 p.m.) and the Mose Allison Trio (5/24 - 2 p.m.).
- SATURDAY MARQUEE Package – $99 (save $55) – Premium seating to the three Saturday (5/23) featured artist performances at Meydenbauer Center: Danilo Perez (2 p.m.) and Patricia Barber (7 p.m.) in the Theatre at Meydenbauer Center, and headliner Mingus Big Band (9 p.m.) in the Center Hall.
Featured Artist Concert Schedule (in order of appearance):
- Kurt Elling – May 22, 7 p.m. (Theatre at Meydenbauer Center) Preeminent jazz singer and Down Beat Critics Poll Male Vocalist of the Year for nine consecutive years. Individual tickets $30 to $40.
- Dianne Reeves Strings Attached featuring Russell Malone & Romero Lubambo – May 22, 9 p.m. (Meydenbauer Center Hall) Four-time Grammy-winning vocalist with guitar masters Russell Malone and Romero Lubambo. Individual tickets $25 to $85.
- Danilo Perez – May 23, 2 p.m. (Theatre at Meydenbauer Center) Grammy-winning Panamanian pianist and composer, among the most influential and dynamic musicians of our time. Individual tickets $30 to $40.
- Patricia Barber – May 23, 7 p.m. (Theatre at Meydenbauer Center) Adventurous and inventive singer, songwriter and pianist highly-acclaimed for her 2008 release The Cole Porter Mix. Individual tickets $30 to $40.
- Mingus Big Band – May 23, 9 p.m. (Meydenbauer Center Hall) Renowned avant-garde ensemble celebrating the music of the legendary jazz composer and bassist Charles Mingus. Individual tickets $25 to $75.
- Mose Allison Trio – May 24, 2 p.m. (Theatre at Meydenbauer Center) Celebrated pianist, singer, composer famous for his fusion of rustic blues and jazz, embellished with profound and often humorous lyrics. Individual tickets $20 to $30.
The full festival calendar with more than 20 free performances by top regional artists and student showcases will be announced by early April.
Sponsors and supporting partners for the 2009 Bellevue Jazz Festival are First Tech Credit Union, the City of Bellevue, Microsoft Corporation, 4Culture and KPLU 88.5 FM. Online at: www.bellevuejazz.com. The Bellevue Jazz Festival is produced by the Bellevue Downtown Association.
About the 2009 Bellevue Jazz Festival Featured Artist venues:
Meydenbauer Center – Center Hall
11100 NE 6th St., Bellevue, WA 98004
The elegant Center Hall ballroom offers superb sight lines, stage proximity and acoustics for up to 1,000 festival guests at Meydenbauer Center. Headline artists Dianne Reeves Strings Attached and the Mingus Big Band will perform in the Center Hall. The Center Hall hosted Branford Marsalis Quartet and Spanish Harlem Orchestra at the 2008 Bellevue Jazz Festival.
Theatre at Meydenbauer Center
11100 NE 6th St., Bellevue, WA 98004
The Theatre at Meydenbauer Center is among the Pacific Northwest's premier performing arts venues and will house performances by Kurt Elling, Danilo Perez, Patricia Barber and the Mose Allison Trio. The acoustically intimate 410-seat facility hosts a robust year-round calendar of top local, regional and national productions.